Getting Married in Las Vegas, Nevada
Chapel of the Flowers is here to help you plan your Las Vegas wedding, including assisting you with obtaining your marriage license.
What You Need to Get Married in Vegas
I need a marriage license? Where are the forms? Where is the Marriage License Bureau? How much is a marriage license?
These are all great questions that we have received from our couples over the years. Chapel of the Flowers is happy to instruct you on how to get married in Las Vegas.
Instead of searching all over the web to find information about obtaining a Marriage License, we have put together an easy-to-use guide to help you file the paperwork and make your Vegas wedding official.
Applying for a Marriage License
Did you know the Clark County Marriage License Bureau allows couples to pre-register online?
Get a head start on your pre-nuptial paperwork! Couples can go online 60 days prior to their wedding date, and fill out the pre-application form. This online form will save time at the clerk’s office when you go to obtain your marriage certificate.
1 Who Needs to Apply for a Marriage License?
* You will not need a marriage license for vow renewal ceremonies, or commitment ceremonies. Commitment ceremonies are not recognized by the government as a legal marriage, and you will not be able to claim yourself as a married person.
2 Pre-Register for Las Vegas Marriage License Online (Optional)
Both you and your fiancé can complete, and submit this online– version of theLas Vegas Marriage License Pre-Application Form.
Keep in mind, you’ll still need to visit the Clark County License Bureau in person within 60 days of submitting your completed form to receive the paperwork to bring to the Chapel on the day of your wedding.Click Here for Online License Pre-Application Form & Instructions
3 Pick-up Your Marriage License in Person
The Marriage License Office is open 8 a.m. to Midnight every day, including Holidays (no appointment needed).
Once you arrive at 201 E. Clark Avenue, the Regional Justice Center (where you will need to go) is located on the ground floor on the northwest corner of 3rd Street & Clark.
Don’t want the hassle of transportation to the License Office? Chapel of the Flowers offers VIP transportation services to get your marriage license.
Cost of Marriage License
Once you and your fiancé have gone over the registration process with the clerk’s office, you will be required to pay the $77 license fee.
The Marriage License Office does not accept: traveler’s checks, personal checks, or business checks. Chapel of the Flowers advises all couples to be prepared with $77 in cash, or use a major credit card (VISA or AMEX) to avoid any delays.
You must present a Government Issued form of identification. The following would be acceptable:
- Valid Driver’s License
- U.S. or foreign country issued I.D. card showing your photo and birthdate
- Military Identification
- Resident Alien Card
Please Note: Your marriage license will be prepared with your legal name, exactly as it appears on the identification you present.
Additional Information and Requirements
- If you are a U.S. citizen, you will need to provide your social security number on the application (a social security card is not required).
- You'll need a witness at your wedding ceremony; Chapel of the Flowers is happy to provide a witness at no charge upon request.
- You must be at least age 18. At age 16 or 17, you can get married if you have written consent from one parent. Your parent may come in person or provide you with notarized written consent. For further information regarding age requirements, please contact the license bureau at (702) 671-0600.
- To get married in Las Vegas, you must be no nearer in kinship than second cousins, or cousins-in-law, and not have a living husband or wife.
- There is no blood test or waiting period in Nevada.
What to Do After You Receive Your Marriage License
You’ll be given your marriage license before you leave to Regional Justice Center, so what’s next?
- Once your marriage license is issued, it is valid for one year and there’s no waiting period before you can be married.
- Be sure to bring your marriage license, your I.D., and any other documents from the Marriage License Bureau to Chapel of the Flowers the day of your ceremony.
- After the ceremony, your officiant will file your marriage license paperwork to be processed by the Clerk’s office. The certified copy will be filed, and ready to order after 10 business days.
How to Get Your Marriage Certificate After the Wedding
Now that you have "tied the knot", you will need proof that you are married for taxes, name changes, legal forms, etc.
Obtaining a Certified Copy of Your Marriage Certificate
Couples can order their Certified Marriage Certificate 10 business days after their wedding date by visiting the Proof of Marriage page on the Clerk’s website.
For couples that live in countries that require an Apostille (in addition to the marriage certificate), you will need to first order the marriage certificate, and wait until you receive the certified copy in the mail. Once received, you will fill out the application on the Nevada Secretary of State website , and mail the completed form with the certified copy to get the Apostille.
* If you aren’t sure if your country requires an Apostille for Proof of Marriage, here is a link to check.
Chapel of the Flowers has Apostilles and Certified Copy Services available to expedite your post-wedding proof of marriage paperwork. Feel free to contact our Wedding Planners if you have any questions about Marriage Certificate Services.
All-Inclusive Vegas Wedding PackagesALL WEDDING PACKAGES
Have the ultimate Las Vegas wedding! Chapel of the Flowers offers a variety of wedding packages to include everything you need to exchange your vows in Las Vegas. From our basic package to ceremony with reception packages; our wedding planners will help you design an elegant ceremony. Click here to see all our Las Vegas wedding packages perfect for any budget.
Best Place to Get Married in Vegas
Make your wedding planning experience simple and stress-free, Chapel of the Flowers has been around for nearly 60 years, and has the knowledge and experience to plan your dream Las Vegas wedding, elopement, or vow renewal ceremony.EXPLORE OUR SERVICES